Sunday, September 6, 2009

Labor Day week-end

Ahh, Labor Day week-end. It is supposed to be for relaxing.
Friday evening we picked up the grand-daughters and went to have tacos with the duty crew at the Fire station. The girls were very well behaved while we ate. They played with the paper dolls that came with their Happy Meals (they don't like tacos). Since the duty crew was practicing stopping sprinklers and the weather was nice, we watched them get soaked for a while and let the girls run around on the lawn.
Saturday was lots of fun just playing. In the afternoon, we put the girls in the tub and set up the old Pachinko machine. that kept them busy until it was time to take them home. I did get to have some stitching time for a couple hours before bed.
Today is Sunday. So far we have been out to breakfast with a couple of friends, I decorated a hat, and fixed the wireless connection on Tanya's computer. Then I picked up my friend Vicki, and went to a Ladies Tea
at our English friend's house. She sets a beautiful table with fine English china and fresh lilys from her garden!
I think I need to spend some time with my needle! I've got a horrible leg cramp (a side effect of my meds) that gets worse when I drive for some reason.
Now I am hoping there won't be much planned for tomorrow as I really do need to have a date with my sewing machine and more time stitching. The good part of the week-end is the beautiful Fall weather. The leaves are turning yellow, but the sun is out and the days are bright. I'm glad Tanya and I went to the Fair last week as I would rather enjoy this weather away from the crowds.

No comments:

Post a Comment