Saturday, May 23, 2009

Back home


That was such a quick trip to Minnesota! Time just flew by except when we were on the planes. My wonderful sister, Carol, drove me to Stitchville USA where I purchased the fabric to start my Mother's Tree. Last time we were in there together she was just overwhelmed, but found a pattern she liked. I stitched it for her and she has it hanging in her office at home. The word 'Alaska' is stitched with a piece of qiviut (musk ox wool) that is dyed purple. This time she has chosen a Hinzeit pattern of Alaska with charms.
I visited the chiropractor before we left on this trip and did just fine the whole time we were there. Upon returning and after two nights in my own bed, I needed another adjustment. I'm sure he's right when he says I need to wear better shoes and keep the orthotic in my left one. And this morning, I had another foot cramp, which is a side effect from the Gleevec, but they don't seem as bad when I am wearing supportive footwear.
I did get to spend some time stitching on Angels in Training out on the deck, but the temps aren't quite comfortable enough to spend long hours out there and the wind wants to turn my umbrella inside out. It is still my favorite spot with the occasional doggy wrestling show, the neighbor's rooster crowing all the time (poor confused bird), and the small planes or an eagle flying over.

No comments:

Post a Comment